Process Improvement Engineer (Nationwide)*
RockTenn is one of North America's leading manufacturers of packaging products, merchandising displays and recycled paperboard. Since its founding in 1936, RockTenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The Company operates manufacturing facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile and Argentina, and employs approximately 10,000 people. We hire the best people in the industry and our team's commitment to customer satisfaction is relentless.
We are looking to grow our Six Sigma team and are seeking results-oriented candidates with a history of driving change in their work environment, strong analytical skills and previous project management experience. Black Belts are expected to execute Lean-Six Sigma Projects to increase customer satisfaction and improve the bottom line. This is an exceptional opportunity to establish a reputation for exceptional performance with a career goal of moving into an operations position in 2-4 years. Up to 80% travel is required (16 days per month); location is negotiable but must be near a RockTenn facility.
• Ensure the integrity of the process, tools, data and individual are never compromised and are used to drive business results. Help develop a culture of data based decision making in the company.
• Collaborate with Master Black Belt and Project Sponsors to drive and sustain results focused on Voice of Customer and improving the bottom line. Identify, communicate and quickly leverage best practices across the organization.
• Drive challenging, team-based projects to completion using the Lean-Six Sigma Methodology.
THIS POSITION IS NOT OPEN TO SEARCH FIRMS AND/OR THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS AT THIS TIME.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering (ME, EE, ChemE, MET, IE, Packaging or Paper Science/Engineering)
• Five years experience in process improvement within a manufacturing environment with proven results
• Reliability maintenance experience a plus
• High level of integrity and professionalism that commands respect from management, peers and direct reports
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams that drive business results and make data based decisions using the Lean/Six Sigma Methodology
• Passion and sense of urgency for executing performance improvement projects and leveraging best practices across the organization
• Demonstrated leader who can effectively challenge, influence and build consensus within the organization
• Demonstrated ability to use, teach and coach others on statistical, analytical, facilitation and change acceleration tools
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Sets and achieves challenging breakthrough goals for self and projects