Technical Sales Representative
Dow Chemical has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Technical Sales Representative located in Mid-West/Southeast US Locations
The Technical Sales Representative is responsible for managing existing and new customer relationships, providing routine technical support, selling Dow products and solutions, and driving profitable growth.
Identifies and meets the needs of current and prospective customers by providing necessary technical support and promoting and selling Dow solutions in the paper industry.
• Develops and build relationships at multiple levels within customer's organization, such as, operators, supervisors, mill management, corporate management, purchasing, EHS, chemical handling/receiving, accounting, co-suppliers, etc.
• Recognizes, anticipates and solves customer problems resulting in the defense of existing business or development of new business opportunities and revenue growth (including management of product inventories at customer site). Where needed, works collaboratively with other internal Dow resources to generate best solution for customer.
• Understands and proactively analyzes customer's product and service needs, industry and business.
• Uses extensive knowledge of customer's total needs and Dow products and technologies to develop account strategies and new opportunities that promote long-term value creation. Shares account plans with appropriate stakeholders.
• Understands business levers that impact value, Dow value proposition and customer needs to prepare and successfully negotiate contracts with win-win outcomes.
• Develops and shares business, industry and competitive intelligence with counterparts (marketing, research, technical service, customer service, supply chain, etc) to promote increased revenue.
• Uses extensive knowledge of industry and territory to identify new opportunities at new customers.
• Uses extensive knowledge of Dow products and technologies and sales process to validate and drive opportunities to successful conclusion.
• Develops appropriate sales volume and pricing forecasts and is able to capitalize on/compensate for market changes.
• Defines annual, value-creating goals for territory consistent with business strategy.
• Possesses a thorough knowledge of assigned product lines and target applications in the paper industry.
• Monitors operation and performance of customer's bleach generation system and overall bleaching performance in customer's process.
• Performs on-site bleaching studies and technical trouble-shooting and works with Technical Service to justify and coordinate analytical lab studies.
• Develops and proposes cost and performance optimization projects and supervises and/or monitors on-site trials.
• Trains customer personnel in safe handling of chemicals, bleach generation, bleaching conditions
• B.S. in Chemical Engineering or Paper Science. Minimum of 5 years technical service or account management experience in a related business in the Pulp and Paper or Chemical Industries
• Valid driver's license in applicable geographic areas.
• Strong analytical skills for analyzing of sales trends, customer demand changes, technical data, etc. Facility with spreadsheets and pivot tables is required.
• Capable of learning and working with Dow sales tools (call reports and opportunities, pricing and margin analysis, contract management, forecasting, general financial analysis).
• Strong oral and written communication skills for clear and concise communication of sales results and forecasts, preparation and presentation of technical/commercial proposals, account strategies, etc.
• Strong time management and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills, including the ability to participate in or lead teams in addressing customers requests/needs/issues and facilitate successful outcomes
• Ability to Travel 50 to 70%
• Able to pass respirator and PPE testing.
• Able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
Critical Success Factors:
• A passion for sales
• Results driven and possesses a strong sense of personal accountability
• Strong bias for action
• High degree of perseverance, tenacity and resiliency
• Ability to think and plan strategically
• Ability to work independently (self-starter) and work effectively from a virtual or mobile office
At Dow, we are harnessing the power of science and technology to improve the lives of people around the world. We are accomplishing this by empowering our people - the Human Element - to lead change. To recognize their outstanding efforts and contributions, we offer a total rewards package which is considered top tier in our industry.
• Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits
• An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance and shares company, business or functional success
• Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings
• On-going learning opportunities in a rewarding work environment
• Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
• The chance to work on global teams with colleagues around the world and in different locations
To Apply use this link:
Click to Apply