RockTenn is one of North America's leading manufacturers of packaging products, merchandising displays and recycled paperboard. Since its founding in 1936, RockTenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The Company operates manufacturing facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile and Argentina, and employs approximately 10,000 people. We hire the best people in the industry and our team's commitment to customer satisfaction is relentless.
We are seeking a Marketing Manager for our Consumer Packaging Division in Norcross, GA. This individual will identify, develop and execute marketing plans, as well as provide strategic and tactical support to acquire new business and retain customers, contributing to the division’s profitable sales growth. He/she will interact closely with others in the marketing group, sales organization, and individuals throughout folding, coated paperboard and other divisions and functions of the company.
• Develop and implement marketing plans/strategies and value propositions for, folding market segments, bleached and recycled paperboard products, emerging technologies, and new product/service capabilities and offerings.
• Develop and coordinate division activities related to sustainable packaging, including fiber certification, recycling, and recycled content, product labeling, packaging optimization, bio-based materials, compostability, extended producer responsibility, scorecards, carbon footprint and life cycle assessment.
• Provide marketing/sales support as expertise is needed, and interact with customers, and cross-functional teams, directing projects to timely completion.
• Develop and train internal and external audiences regarding sustainability and paperboard topics.
• Other marketing projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related business degree; Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum ten years in marketing, product development or business
development role, preferably in an industrial/business-to-business setting. Packaging industry related experience a plus.
• Exceptional written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
• Exception marketing research, analytical and reasoning skills.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement marketing plans, with track record of success.
• Demonstrated high skill level with MicroSoft Office suite software and Internet search engines/sources.
• Willingness to travel up to 30% of time.