RockTenn is one of North America's leading manufacturers of packaging products, merchandising displays and recycled paperboard. Since its founding in 1936, RockTenn has focused on developing packaging and paperboard products that bring high value to its customers, employees and shareholders. The Company operates manufacturing facilities throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Chile and Argentina, and employs approximately 10,000 people. We hire the best people in the industry and our team's commitment to customer satisfaction is relentless.
RockTenn has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager within our specialty graphics division located in Newark, NJ.
As a Sales Manager you will have responsibility for overseeing sales reps and developing customer relationships effectively selling a range of corrugated products to customers located primarily on the East Coast, with particular emphasis on new business development.
• Plans and facilitates existing and potential sales activities.
• Setting goals and developing strategies and tactics to achieve sales and business goals.
• Develops the appropriate product mix for operating efficiently and profitably.
• Establishing the unit's pricing levels and policies.
• Develops positive relationships with customers, target accounts and prospects.
• Defining the sales department budget and operates within budget parameters.
• Adheres to the credit policy pertaining to customer credit status.
5+ years of sales experience preferably within the packaging industry. Experience selling POP displays or graphics packaging essential.
A 4 year college degree preferred.
• Must effectively communicate at all business levels, both internal and external.
• Must possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
• Effective facilitation, presentation, and negotiating skills.
• Must effectively facilitate quality and service issues among customers and plant personnel.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, electronic mail, and other office equipment.
• Must possess strong strategic planning and analytical skills.