Power and Utilities Manager
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
This position is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Power and Recovery Utilities Department, providing leadership in the achievement of improved performance in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, organizational effectiveness, cost management and asset utilization. Understanding and utilization of the MBM Guiding Principles and Decision Making Framework in all aspects of day-to-day department operations. Comply with required codes, standards, and regulations. Drive year-over-year improvement in power operations productivity.
• BS Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering is required.
• Minimum of 7 years experience in Utilities/Boiler Operations.
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities:
• Knowledge of pulp and paper industry, specifically functional knowledge of recovery boilers, chemical recovery, evaporators, power boilers, lime kiln, caustic rooms, feedwater systems, steam distribution systems and steam turbine generators.
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, presentation skills, and strong communication skills.
• Experience in Union environment preferred.
• Ability to work with others in a team environment.
• Strong oral, written, computer communication and technical skills.
• Leading with Courage, Strategic Leadership, Strategic Thinking, Problem Solving, Innovation, and Teamwork, Sense of Urgency.
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com
To Apply for this position, please CLICK HERE