Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
- Providing leadership in the achievement of improved performance in the areas of safety, environmental compliance, customer satisfaction, organizational effectiveness, cost management and asset utilization on paper machines & in stock prep, consistent with the MBM guiding principles.
- Driving process & equipment modifications that result in improved product quality, reduced variation and a reduction in customer complaints.
-Developing tissue mill personnel to support implementation of area improvement process.
- Providing direction and support in the application of area improvement tools and techniques.
- Facilitating the development of an asset utilization and capital improvement strategy for the paper machines and stock prep areas.
- Driving year-over-year improvement in the tissue mill operations productivity and net profit.
- BS Degree in Mechanical, Paper Science, or Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of 6 years of pulp and paper mill leadership experience; prefer expertise in tissue papermaking.
Knowledge - Skills:
- Abilities Demonstrated operational results with year-over-year improvement; must have work experience showing leadership capabilities to move the organization;presentation skills and communication skills;interpersonal skills; excellent technical troubleshooting skills; proficient computer skills; and the ability to demonstrate fundamental economic skills.Experience in a Union environment is preferred.
Strategic thinking; results driven, customer focus, managing others, communicating and accountability.
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
How to apply:
Please copy and paste the following URL into your browser address bar:
PENNINGTON, Alabama, 36916