Georgia-Pacific has an exciting new way of thinking and working -- and we are looking for individuals dedicated to our philosophy of securing a bright future for themselves and Georgia-Pacific. As a world leader in Consumer, Paper, Packaging and Building Products, we offer the stability of an 80-year old company and the creative energy of a brand new one!
This position willreport to the Area Leader Pulp/Woodyard and be responsible for the following:
- Provide operational/business leadership and technical support for the manufacturing process of the pulping, recaust and chemical area and wood yard; Troubleshoot and solve operational problems to achieve goals while working within an hourly team based model.
- Lead the Operators through day-to-day quality and productivity issues adhering to customerneeds and quality specifications. Focus on increasing equipment efficiency and reducing all forms of waste.
- Support Operators to assure compliance in Safety, Quality, Housekeeping and Environmental requirements while meeting Productivity and Cost goals; Emphasis on leading Operators to exceed metrics associated with Productivity and Cost. Communicate with Operators to identify capability gaps.
- Facilitate and coach Operations to proactively troubleshoot opportunities using various software enablers, such as PTM simple Root Cause Analysis and PGRS in the areas of: Safety, Environmental, Quality, Productivity, Cost and Development. With a focus on Knowledge Management, accelerate the training and development of Operations. Coach Operators on use of new tools for execution of work processes.
- Continuously improve the operations by teaming with Asset Availability Leader and Process Engineering group to: evaluate, prioritize, and process all asset Improvement Ideas after providing feedback and encouragement to the originators of the ideas. Participate in plans to improve current capability.
- Optimize and coordinate production planning with the scheduling of: trials, planned shutdowns, pre-shutdown inspections, Operator training schedules, maintenance and capital installation plans, etc. Convert business line plan into daily operating plan for Operators. Optimize use of inventory and production capability. Track actual production versus plan.
- Work with Asset Availability Leader and Operations Maintenance Gatekeeper to ensure execution of operating plan. Assist Asset Availability Leader and Gatekeeper in communicating equipment status to Operators.
- Participate in and support the Reliability Centered Maintenance process group in development, review and completion of Root Cause Analysis, RCMs and equipment criticality. Education BS Engineering Degree (Chemical Engineering preferred)
BS Engineering Degree and a minimum of 10 years of pulping andwood yardexperience preferred.
Knowledge - Skills - Abilities
Leadership and facilitator skills; Strong understanding of the papermaking process; Strong interpersonal and technical troubleshooting skills; Project management abilities; Strong communication skills; Root Cause Analysis (RCA) skills; Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel, functional data bases and data analysis Competencies Problem Solving, Sense of Urgency, Team Work, Communicating, Accountability
Georgia-Pacific recognizes that our people make the difference. We offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefit package to include; medical, dental, 401K and more! We are an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. For more exciting opportunities please visit our website at www.gp.com.
How to apply: Please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar:
CEDAR SPRINGS, Georgia