Emergency Response Lead - 017589
INVISTA is a subsidiary of Koch Industries, Inc., one of the world's largest privately-held companies. Koch companies employ about 60,000 people and have a presence in nearly 60 countries.
INVISTA is among the world's largest integrated producers of polymers and fibers, primarily for nylon, spandex and polyester applications. With a business presence in more than 20 countries, INVISTA delivers exceptional value for its customers through market insights, technology innovations and a powerful portfolio of global trademarks including LYCRA® fiber, COOLMAX® fabric, CORDURA® fabric, STAINMASTER® carpet, and ANTRON® carpet fiber. INVISTA's businesses include Apparel, Intermediates, Performance Surfaces & Materials, and Performance Technologies. You may not realize it, but INVISTA's products play a role in nearly every aspect of your life. For example, INVISTA fibers may be in your carpet, clothing or bedding--and INVISTA polymers may be in your car, food packaging or camping gear. We transform daily life through innovations that create long-term value for our customers and society. You can be a part of the difference by joining the INVISTA team.
INVISTA is currently seeking an Emergency Response Lead to join our team in Orange, TX.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
• Coordinate Emergency Response Team organization, training and exercises.
• Ensure emergency response procedures, ER Teams and facilities are prepared to respond properly to any emergency incident.
• Develops specific site training programs for emergency response and fire prevention for delivery to new employees, site personnel and contractors.
• Keep abreast of the latest technological developments in training tools, techniques and incorporate these innovations as appropriate.
• Act as a site liaison between INVISTA and DuPont regarding site emergency response programs. This includes the coordination with site personnel and DuPont in the maintenance of the Site Emergency Response systems.
• Extensive hands-on experience on all types of emergency response systems to perform operational testing, trouble shooting and employee training.
• Conducts risk assessments to evaluate the potential for loss of life and property damage from the threat of fire and other similar perils.
• Works with site management in the development of the emergency response policy and standards as applied to the protection of life, property loss prevention, and the interruption of business operations.
• Available as a technical resource providing technical assistance in areas of life safety, fire protection engineering, loss prevention, code compliance and other related subjects.
• Must be multi-tasked oriented, have excellent written and oral communication skills, and demonstrate excellent customer focus and leadership skills.
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Experience and Skills Required:
• 5 years of direct industry related experience in an Emergency Response role.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Experience and Skills Preferred:
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in a Safety or a Fire Protection related field (Safety Management, Occupational Health & Safety, Safety Engineering, etc.).
• More than 5 years experience in emergency response and preparedness, particularly with the chemical industry.
• More than 5 years experience in fire protection.
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and work in confined or elevated places when required.
• Must be willing to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs). PPE use is in accordance with the Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for a given task.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders associated with columns, vessels, and scaffolding.
• Work under the following conditions: Confined spaces, congested areas, extreme inclement weather, long hours, etc.
To be considered for employment in this position you must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: