Responsible for all procurement related activities within the Paper Division; including wood fiber and chemicals for use in paper production, supplier management and evaluation, inventory management, price management and forecasting. The Purchasing Manager also serves as the Certification Manager and is responsible for compliance with Sustainable Forestry Standards. The Central Stores Manager and Purchasing Assistant report directly to this position, which includes MRO and chemical procurement, order placement and inbound schedule management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the procurement of wood fiber and chemicals based on daily work order demand as generated via the SAP system.
· Responsible for all raw materials pricing and reporting.
· Report appropriate raw material trends to relevant staff and provides strategic guidance related to budget development.
· Negotiates supply agreements where applicable.
· Maintains inventory levels in accordance with financial guidelines and goals while avoiding upsets to the production schedule.
· Develops and maintains supplier relationships in keeping with company policy and procedures.
· Evaluates and rates the supplier base and makes appropriate changes where necessary.
· Maintains compliance with applicable Sustainable Forestry Standards including yearly surveillance audits and manages material balance accounting of certified inputs and outputs.
· Responsible for securing all capital projects for the Paper Group.
· Works with the Customer Service department regarding changes to the production schedule. Attends bi-weekly production schedule meetings.
· Supervises the Central Stores Manager who is responsible for MRO procurement. Ensures that Store Room service to each production facility meets internal expectations.
· Works with the Technical Director regarding new product development and supplier resources.
· Works with the Quality department to ensure ISO Purchasing compliance and to ensure raw materials meet the statutory and regulatory requirements appropriate for the paper end use.
· Works with the Environmental Manag
Education, Experience, and Skills
· Four year college degree or relevant business experience.
· Minimum 10 years purchasing experience required; exposure to paper manufacturing a plus.
· Excellent organizational and communications skills; both oral and written.
· Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
Good computer skills, with ability to utilize Microsoft Office and SAPer as a liaison to the supplier base where appropriate.