PLYWOOD PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - 010352
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
Lead a wood products production team to work injury-free/incident free in a continous manufacturing environment consistent with management philosophy and framework. Supervise/coordinate production efforts that drive improvement in all associated work processes affecting EHS, compliance, reliability, quality, production and costs. Support the MPO (Machine Paced Operation) Process System to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business. Facilitate team development and growth, employee skill development, problem-solving and resolution, building employee commitment and ownership and holding employees accountable. Team size may range from 20 – 30 members. Must be flexible with shift and/or departmental assignment.
Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively eliminate hazards; monitor product quality and provide direction to crew members to maximize production efficiency; assist with troubleshooting production issues; provide safety training to crew members; coaching; team development/performance management; data entry and completing/generating reports.
Position reports to the Department Leader.
Contacts/interfaces: Internal (site):
Interacts with key operations personnel such as the Plant Manager, Superintendents (Operations and Maintenance), Human Resources Manager, Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, maintenance personnel and employees at all levels of the site organization.
* A high school diploma or GED is required. Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
* Must have a solid working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and ability to learn various PC-based production reporting systems applications.
* These positions are on multiple shifts. Must be able and willing to work any shift schedule, including a rotating shift.
* Must be able and willing to work safely, and adhere to all safety rules and regulations, including wearing and using appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
* Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
* Minimum of 2 years production supervisor experience.
* Bachelor's Degree or higher with a preference in a technical or business discipline.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
* Knowledge of general safe work practices
* Efficient use of Microsoft Office Product and computer based maintenance systems
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Basic accounting knowledge
* Good organizational/planning skills
* Influencing others
* Analytical and critical thinking
* Problem solving
* Change management
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: