SUPV - SAWMILL - 009776
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Currently, the Philomath, Oregon location is considering qualified candidates for its swing shift Sawmill Supervisor position.
The Sawmill Supervisor will be responsible for the direct supervision of approximately 20 employees on 2^nd shift and will be expected to lead improvements in safety, productivity, and quality in the sawmill department for the facility. The expectation is to lead in a way that supports/enhances our MBM Guiding Principles, fosters teamwork, and produces results. The Sawmill Supervisor will oversee all Sawmill operations including Chip-N-Saw, Edger, Trimmer, Cut-Off Saws, etc.
Additional responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning, assigning and directing work, training, evaluating employee performance and recognizing and addressing both positive and negative individual and team performance. This person will work with other departments in efforts to identify improvement opportunities and solutions.
* At least 2 years of experience in a supervisory role in a manufacturing environment.
* Experience in coaching, training, and developing staff
* Experience in holding a staff accountable to achieve business goals
* Strong Computer Literacy, MS Word / Excel
* Associates degree or higher in a mechanical/technical field
* Experience in Quality, Value, and Yield initiatives
* Experience with evaluating, prioritizing and implementing improvement initiatives to improve safety, reliability and performance
* Experience with Continuous Improvement and Lean Methodologies
* Experience in Lumber or other Wood Products Operations
* Experience with Computerized Maintenance Management Programs
* 5 years of both operations and maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
* Strong oral and written communications skills
* Strong planning and organizational skills
* Strong leadership skills
* Strong problem solving skills
* Understanding of general safe work practices
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: