SUPERINTENDENT PLYWOOD MANUFACTURING - 009533
Headquartered at Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
Georgia-Pacific is currently recruiting for a Plant Superintendent for its plywood manufacturing facility.
The incumbent will lead a wood products production team of 300+ employees to work injury-free/incident free in a continuous manufacturing environment consistent with (MBM)® management philosophy and framework. Support the Machine Paced Operation (MPO) Process System to align and optimize the manufacturing enterprise in delivering value to the business.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Ensuring the department operates effectively and efficiently;
* Fully utilizing Work Process to develop job plans, track work completion and promote preventive & predictive maintenance;
* Facilitating team development and growth, and reviewing/managing performance;
* Building employee commitment and ownership, and holding employees accountable;
* Identifying contributions and missed opportunities.
Drive safety excellence through promoting employee involvement, ownership, and accountability to proactively identify hazards and implement the appropriate mitigating strategies based on the risk involved; monitor the quality of work and provide direction to team members to maximize efficiency; assist with troubleshooting and solving production issues; provide safety training to team members; and data entry and completing/generating reports.
Internal (site): Interacts with key operations personnel such as the Plant Manager, Superintendents (Operations and Maintenance), Human Resources Manager, Safety Manager, Environmental Manager, Quality Manager, maintenance personnel and employees at all levels of the site organization.
* High school diploma or equivalent AND five (5) or more years of experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment required. Bachelor's Degree or higher in engineering, industrial management or a similar discipline preferred.
* A minimum of five (5) years supervisory experience in an industrial, manufacturing or military environment required.
* Must have intermediate or higher level knowledge of MS Word and Excel, and ability to learn various PC-based production and operations applications.
* Must be able and willing to work in a plywood manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas.
* Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote safe work practices.
* Must have experience in Lean Manufacturing, and utilization of Root Cause Analysis or similar problem solving tools.
* Must have experience in employee performance management and change management.
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
* Knowledge of safe work practices
* Knowledge of computerized maintenance management systems such as MP2 desired.
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Basic accounting and financial knowledge
* Excellent organizational/planning skills
* Ability to influence others within the organization
* Analytical and critical thinking
* Proven problem solving skills
* Proven ability to build and align a team around a shared vision
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test and background check. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: http://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=e49804e753e13861e83a6d2554023c6a
warm springs, GA