ENVIRONMENTAL/SUSTAINABILITY PROJECT MANAGER - 008840
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
We are seeking a Sustainability/Environmental Project Manager for the Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products LP manufacturing operation in Rincon, Georgia.
This position will manage all sustainability and beneficial reuse initiatives for the mill by leading the process for securing and implementing technologies and business arrangements that result in value added solutions for mill residuals. This position must have a background and knowledge of environmental regulations, project management and engineering, capital and contracting processes and the ability to understand and navigate through legal and purchasing requirements. A strong candidate has the capability of evaluating technologies to assess value vs. risks and of flawlessly executing projects from concept through completion. This position will have both strategic and tactical responsibilities. A strategic example is the vetting of sustainability technologies for our mill as well as other GP or Koch business units. Tactical examples include non-routine sample collection and analysis, planning and conducting trials, etc.
• Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years industrial experience
• Minimum of 3 years in project management/project engineering
• Knowledge of Pulp and Paper manufacturing processes is preferred
• Knowledge of waste streams and thermodynamics is a plus
• PE license preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization
• Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Integrity and humility
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving abilities
• Self directed
• Sense of urgency
• Planning and organizing
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: