Converting Superintendent - 005604
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
South Converting Superintendent GP Wauna Mill
Department: 12 salaried and 185 hourly operating 14 converting lines plus support equipment.
This position will have overall responsibility for the South Converting Department.
The role will be responsible for results as they relate to safety, compliance, reliability, cost, housekeeping, quality, waste, and production.
* Continue driving converting to achieve our vision of “creating a culture that values EH&S excellence at home and at Wauna”
* Lead the department to achieve and maintain compliance with respect to the mill’s and GP Safety Compliance Standards
* Provide strategic leadership through effective utilization of the MBM framework
* Lead and develop employees to improve capability and performance
* Lead the drive for improvement in all operational areas such as EH&S, reliability, cost, quality, and capital deployment
* Ensure that the organizational structure and RRE’s are aligned and are effectively utilizing the work processes
* Drive a culture change which empowers employees to understand and accept their accountabilities
* Work with the union to develop a partnership within the department. Lead dispute resolution with 1^st stage grievances while not compromising our safety and reliability vision
* Work to accelerate training and verification process Education: A bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or related field is required.
Must have 10 or more years of experience in manufacturing. Most of experience in a supervisory role, 5 years required as a minimum.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Demonstrated operational results showing YOY improvement.
* Leadership capabilities to move an organization, presentation skills, and strong communication skills.
* Experience in a Union environment is preferred.
* Ability to demonstrate fundamental economic skills.
Managing Others, Leading with courage, Communication, Strategic thinking, Accountability, Customer focus, Influencing and building partnerships, Problem solving.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: