PULP MILL and WOODYARD CREW LEADER - 007078
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
Pulp Mill & Woodyard Crew Leader - Monticello, MS
The Pulp Mill & Woodyard Crew Leader provides front line leadership to ensure environmental and safety excellence.
Responsibilities include management of the following process areas: Two continuous Kamyr Digesters, Lime Kiln, Log Line, Chip Reclaim and processing, Recausticizing Plant, Bark Recovery and transport, Pulp Screening, Pulp Washing, Turpentine Recovery and the Flash Evaporators.
Crew performance while operating these unit operations is the responsibility of the crew leader. Those responsibilities will encompass: Applying and teaching the MBM philosophy, eliminating waste, improving yields and quality, producing wood chips and pulp. Time spent beyond normal shift rotation will be required during outages, and while building teams and systems within the Pulp Mill and Woodyard. The Pulp Mill & Woodyard are a 24/7 operations. The Crew Leader position will require the applicant to work with multiple shifts in relief of the normally scheduled Crew Leader.
* Eight years minimum experience in a Kraft paper mill is required. Five minimum years experience in a Pulp Mill or Woodyard operating environment is required.
Knowledge / Skills / Capabilities:
* Demonstrate the ability to internalize and apply the MBM Guiding Principles and Framework
* Strong commitment to achieving environmental, health and safety excellence
* Strong leadership and intrapersonal communication skills. Develop the capability to motivate teams to exceed expectations.
* Work in a cooperative and collaborative manner with other depts.
* Ability to learn root cause analysis techniques and problem solving skills
* Demonstrate the ability to use different software packages. (Word, Excel, PTM, Passport, Internet applications)
* Demonstrate a sense of urgency and accountability. Includes, but not limited to:
* Prioritizing and processing work
* Tracking continuous improvement opportunities |
* Plan, assign work and provide follow-up
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: