ASSET AVAILABILITY LEADER - 006312
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
ASSET AVAILABILITY LEADER (Reliability Leader) - GP Brewton, LLC
The AAL is responsible for coordinating the asset availability and reliability efforts at the Brewton, AL Containerboard mill.
The successful candidate will work closely with the area Production Leader, Optimizer, Gatekeeper, Shift Supervisors, operators, other mill employees and vendors to drive out repeat failures and implement all aspects of the Georgia-Pacific Reliability Mental Model.
* Promote the growth of the MBM culture by utilizing MBM principles and mental models in interactions with Mill team members, GP team members, vendors, visitors, etc.
* Assist in connecting operators to overall long term vision as well as business unit metrics
* Coordinator/Facilitator of department machine outage preparation and execution meetings.
* Document and close the loop on troubleshooting activities, improvement ideas, operating procedural changes, change of work practices, training, etc
* Analyze and communicate key reliability measures and suggest new measures as needed (to include updating the Asset Availability Database).
* Lead/ participate in the RCA, ASI, ASD and other processes designed to identify and eliminate operational and equipment problems
* Set “trigger” levels for 5-why and formal RCA
* Help drive RCA recommendations to completion.
* Coordinate handoffs to the Reliability Engineering group
* Work closely with the optimizer and operators to build skill and capabilities of operators and implement OBC program(s) with DMSI hand-helds
* Provide support to operators and perform project work as needed
* Active member of the operational leadership team
* Responsible for operational duty on a rotating basis.
* Engineering or Paper Science degree or equivalent industrial experience that demonstrates technical ability
* Minimum of 3 years work experience in paper, chemical, manufacturing or related industry
* Demonstrated computer skills with MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Project and PI
* Basic understanding of reliability based maintenance and operations
* Knowledge of formal Root-Cause-Analysis methodology and tools
* Demonstrated leadership experience
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: