ASSET AVAILABILITY LEADER - 004113
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe.
PAPER MILL ASSET AVAILABILITY LEADER
The successful candidate will have responsibility of leading and advancing the asset availability and reliability of three paper machines – facilitating and promoting Root Cause Analysis, capturing and categorizing loss events, leading operator essential care, advancing strategies around lubrication, implementing Asset Strategy Improvement (ASI) and machine shutdown coordination. The individual will work closely with the Area Leader, Optimizers, Gatekeeper, Supervisors, Operators and Personnel within the Maintenance and Engineering departments to drive out repeat failures, to improve asset availability and to implement all aspects of the Georgia-Pacific Reliability Mental Model.
EXPECTATIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide leadership to meet/exceed key operation targets in safety, quality, reliability, production and cost.
* Investigate, recommend, and implement new equipment or process changes and/or modifications that will improve operations reliability, productivity, quality, and/or reduce costs.
* Monitor key reliability measures and establish additional measures as needed.
* Lead efforts to promote operator equipment ownership through operator essential care program.
* Use and promote simple and formal root cause failure analysis and critical thinking skills to effectively troubleshoot complex papermaking process issues.
* Lead efforts to reduce unplanned events and costs associated with unreliability.
* Development of RCA database and improved RCA communication to operators.
* Track RCA recommendations and ensure they are completed.
* Capture and categorize loss events in the Asset Availability (AA) Database.
* Manage AA Database to identify trends and opportunities through data analysis. Generate monthly reports.
* Actively participate (present/communicate) in monthly RCA review meeting.
* Lead or be a member of teams for continuous improvement efforts. Use Decision Making Framework process to advance beneficial projects for full funding.
* Facilitate planning and organization for proper maintenance and upkeep of paper machines.
* Keep abreast of new technology in the competitive environment.
* Understand and utilize the MBM Guiding Principles in all interactions.
* Excellent leadership, management, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills
* Strong communication, planning, organization and visionary skills.
* Strong computer skills with emphasis on Excel, functional data bases and data analysis
* Possess good teamwork and ability to lead and facilitate small teams
* Possess ambulatory capabilities to move freely about the mill, ascend and descend ladders, and tolerate temperature extremes.
* Be available 24 hours by way of home or cellular phone when on-call. Work weekends as scheduled.
* Work beyond normal work schedule as necessary to fulfill position responsibilities
* Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with a minimum two years experience in operations, maintenance or other technical support experience.
* Or, High School Diploma/GED Equivalent with a minimum of 5 years experience in paper mill operations, maintenance, engineering or technical service.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/VExcept where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
To apply for this position, copy/paste the following URL into your browser: