Process Development Engineers (Senior)
The BP Biofuels Global Technology Center, located in San Diego, CA is a high-energy, team-oriented research and development campus that is revolutionizing the advanced green energy industry by developing and implementing advanced Biofuels technology to convert non-food lignocellulosic feedstock’s into ethanol. In addition, an integrated 1.4 million gallon per year demonstration unit have been constructed and commissioned in Jennings, Louisiana and a commercial project is currently underway in Highlands County, Florida.
We are looking for highly motivated, creative Research & Development professionals to join our team. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to use his or her technical expertise in new and innovative ways to advance BP Biofuels’ business interests. For more information and/or to apply, please visit the careers section of our website at www.bp.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Level Process Development Engineer and Process Development Engineer.
The Senior Biofuels Process Development Engineer will be responsible for envisioning, developing, and the initial design of technology improvements or step-out ideas to further progress BPs Biofuels business. The role will also encompass periodic technical support of pilot, demonstration, and commercial scale facilities. A key aspect of the role will be delivery of new technology solutions in a fast paced, quickly-evolving business.
• Undergraduate degree in Chemical Engineering required; graduate degree preferred.
• 10+ years experience in biotechnology, bioprocessing, chemicals, or petrochemicals R&D; process design; or process development required.
• Advanced engineering skills: mass/energy balances; modeling; experimental design, Design of Experiments; reactor design; kinetic modeling; data analysis; physical property; statistics.
• Ability to communicate and relate well with people at all levels, including any JV partner organizations.
• Ability to influence multi-disciplinary teams.
• Self-starter, with a drive for excellence and high standards.
• Technology implementation experience including taking smaller scale to commercial or semi-commercial scale.
San Diego, CA